Underwear Ninja comes with Space Suit: bathroom talk
 
Underwear Ninja comes with Space Suit
to blog or not to blog, which is the path a true underwear ninja must take? whichever path it be, it will surely be a rough-hewn one. argyle, possibly.
 
Friday, February 23, 2007
bathroom talk
public bathrooms, actually

it never really occurred to me that this phenomenon is strange until today, washing my hands.
the little blob of semi-dry soapy gel on the floor tiles under the soap dispenser.

why is there a puddle of soap there? i certainly didn't add to it whilst i dispensed myself a handful of soap. in fact i don't recall ever having that happen to any soap dispenser i've used in the past.

what kinda person would be so careless as to miss or only get partial soap in the cup of his/her hand? (in this case, his). in a rush? looking in the mirror? there is a very minimal amount of concentration involved in this task. does the soap dispenser leak? not when i'm around.

i never really thought it was strange before. i more or less thought "o well these things happen, the soap is over the floor.. naturally some will spill from someone"
but you know what? who would spill??

Labels:

posted by underwear ninja 12:04 AM  
 
3 Comments:
  • At 7:20 AM EST, Blogger Big Penguin said…

    OK, I've got some experience with this one:

    1. Some soap dispensers DO leak. If someone is hard on the little plastic level mechanics that hold back the liquid soap, it'll drip out slowly onto the floor (this happens at school from time to time and is easily fixed by reseting the lever and putting in a new bag of soap.

    2. I'm guilty of another soap blunder. I've pulled my hands away on many a dispenser only to look back and see that the soap wasn't done coming out. BLOOP.... there it is, adding to the nice little puddle by the sink. It's not that I missed my hands completely, but the dispenser had a little discard AFTER I had the main portion of the soap in my hand.

    I never realized it until you brought it up, but I almost say a little prayer every time I pull one of those things that it'll work correctly. I've been dupped by many dispensers and it takes awhile for me to "trust" that a dispenser will work as intended. I was even more excited recently when I used a new dispenser that was automatic: That's right... simply wave your hand and out comes the soap. Wave your hand for the water, wave your hand for the dryer (or towel), AND wave your hand to open the bathroom door on exit (THE ULTIMATE IN GERM FREE.... BOB WHILEY WOULD BE SO PROUD)

     
  • At 2:58 PM EST, Blogger Sunset~Lover said…

    In women's restrooms - there always seems to be puddles of water around the sink. And usually, in places where it's notorious for a dripping soap dispenser...there's napkins placed underneath.

    And can't believe we're discussing soap dispensers. lol

     
  • At 2:59 PM EST, Blogger Sunset~Lover said…

    and fyi - that stupid word verification took me about 4 tries! I can see now dammit! I got lasik!! grrr.

    (and, of course, as I'm about to do the verification again, i get a stupid error in that box...)

     
Post a Comment
<< HOME

myprofile
Name: underwear ninja
Home: New York, New York, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile


d'sarmy
Write To Say It
Big Penguin
Iris Blue
Lazo Land
LiveLaughLove20something
nbk2


previouspost
big pimpin up in nyc
chuma chuma, ehy chuma chuma
do YOU need a good cause?!
youtube sux
then put your little hand in mine...
ran into a problem with WoW
how much$?
national champs
hello my name is geek
who's sane?


myarchives
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
July 2008
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
November 2010
August 2012
April 2017